Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More Injurys, or More Technology?

As my orthopedist told me about my injury, he repeatively said that this injury was epidemic now. He had seen a girl with the same injury that same morning. And he operated on the same injury the day before. But the question that strikes me is, are we seeing more injurys or are just now able to see these things with the technology we now have. I had to get 3 x-rays, 2 MRI's and a catscan. If I did not get a catscan they would never have known that I have this problum. 15 or 20 years ago, if you had a bad back people said rest it till it's better, now we have this technology to see what's really wrong, more and more things are wrong only because we can see them. But the question still remains, more injurys, or more technology?

Comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment